Health Care Scholarships
Every year, Visiting Nurses Foundation awards several $1000 scholarships to outstanding individuals who meet requirements.
- $1,000 annual scholarship to be awarded to the chosen applicant.
- Scholarship shall benefit any person 17 years of age or older who is currently accepted to any college program but not yet started, or any current undergraduate or graduate student who is currently enrolled in and attending a medicine related program at an accredited institution of learning.
- Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age and be accepted to a full-time program, but not yet attending because the established start date of the program has not arrived.
- Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age and be accepted to and attending a full-time program at an accredited institution of learning.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, based on the previous year’s academic performance.
- Application Process
- Applicant shall submit all contact information as contained within the application, including name, address, phone number, email, date of birth and sex.
- Applicant shall submit proof of age. A photocopy of a driver’s license or other valid ID is acceptable.
- Applicant shall submit proof of enrollment or acceptance to an accredited institution of learning. A photocopy of transcripts or acceptance letter is acceptable.
- Applicant shall submit an essay of at least 500 words but no more than 1000 words that explain what they hope to accomplish in the medical field and how they will impact the lives of others with the education and knowledge they acquire while in medical training. Essay will also include the student’s opinion of why they feel they should be selected to receive the scholarship funds.
- Applicant shall submit a letter of recommendation from an educator, counselor, school administrator, and/or community leader.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel and winner selected based on criteria set forth in the requirements section of this document.
- Once the winner is decided and notified of the award, he/she will receive a mailed 1099-MISC tax form and the check will be delivered to their address. The winner of the scholarship award will be fully responsible for the taxes incurred from receiving the award.
All applications must be submitted via email email@example.com